Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Soft Glow, of San Diego



Of course a city as bustling and gigantic as San Diego has sparked my enthusiasm for the life changing experience to come, but looking into something as profound as this view from my hotel room (which I have been staring at for two hours now)...

Its impossible not to let my mind wander. Tonight whilst in the middle of a gigantic tomato, basil, shrimp calzone (oh yes... it was amazing) the conversation took a very inevitable turn, whenever world travel is involved, towards war. Not the wanna be "Desert Strom" of our "beloved" and raging tyrant bush, but the real Vietnam war itself. When we reach Vietnam I will be traveling up the Mekong delta, streight out of Apocalypse Now itself, or at least that is where my generation knows if from. As my step father reminded me, the moral of that story (Apocalypse Now) was that you cannot force one societies morals, norms, or pedagogy onto the shoulders of another world. It was not an hour later that I saw Bush j.r. on television explaining how "we can not pull out troops out of Iraq now, we must learn from our pull out of Vietnam where millions lost their lives." What lessons where learned in Vietnam by America? Well apparently some feel differently than others... (and now to end my soapbox statement with class) RE-ENGINEER ALL US FORCES INTO WORLD HUMANITARIAN AID!

With war being the topic of conversation, the violence to come struck me hard. I will see the world as it exists and leave my wonder bread citizenry far behind me. I hope I am ready.
Reality is defined by the individual, otherwise it would cease to be reality.

Their she is, the MV Explorer

I will be posting my photos on Picasa as well, just search Jeff Fullmer or predatormilk@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:30 PM

    Nice pics (although the computer I am on at work would only load the first and last). I look forward to hearing from you on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you saying something like that to me when I was going to Dublin. Isn't true though? It's like sitting on the edge of the unknown but can't wait that you are ready to dive off anyway! I press on reading the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:08 PM

    I guess this is a year old but looks like you have stayed beautiful...in your own goofy sort of way.

    ReplyDelete